Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Hall Pass Linky!


Thanks Reagan @ Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits for putting this little linky together! :)

P- Product:
I'm so looking forward to doing all the things in this product... can't it just be MARCH already!! :)



A- Area:
This is a tough one... I think for ME it is my carpet/Smart board area.  Boy do I LOOOOVE my Smart board...more than I ever thought I would :)
(Yes I had a slight panic attack as they put that up and covered my white board!)
If you ask the kids... I bet they would say our reading area.  I have a couch in there that was MINE from my childhood... every time I look at it- it just reminds me of home.  They LOVE to sit and read there :)  Plus there are bean bag chairs..now who doesn't love to curl up and read on a bean bag chair?? :P

S- Signal:
I actually only have one.  Yep just one.  It is this guy:
5-pointed star

 It is called Music Wand and it is ONLY $4.99!  It has a sweet chime sound that I use for all my transitions.  I'm not one to raise my voice in the slightest (and I have this pet peeve about talking across the room when it is quiet) so I just simply ring the chime to signal a transition.   It is funny because the kids see me get up to walk to the chime and they are usually cleaning up even before I get to the chime! :)


S- Sanity
My amazing teammates usually keep me sane.  I'm the freak out teammate...you know the one.. who needs to be calmed down.  They do that for me... tell me to breathe and find my happy place :) 

A couple years ago our principal made us take this color test (I NEED to find it and put it here for you to take)...well at first we were like...REALLY??  But you know what? It sure helps us understand how the others operate.  For example, I am a "gold"... the over analyzer, control freak who worries about things like... deadlines {gasp!}

My doll of a teammate is "blue."  She is the nurturer and wants everyone to get along.  She is a great balance to my goldness :)  
Love her!
:)  :)


Thanks for reading...I'm off to search for that color test!!  You will need to give it everyone you work with- you will learn A LOT about them! :)



7 comments:

  1. Okay, you have to find the color test :). I think It would be neat to take with my teammates :). I also love your wand. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your leprechaun activities look great - it's crazy to believe how quickly February has flown by!

    Your reading nook is so cute - I want to snuggle in and read a book :)

    ~Jessica
    Joy in the Journey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to take a color test! I'm such a dork because I love all of that personality stuff.

    Isn't it funny how quickly Smartboards can change your life? I have a Promethean and seriously don't know what I would do if it was taken from me.

    Don't Let the Teacher Stay Up Late

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at your cozy little reading area! I love it! I would love to take that color test - how fun is that?

    Kate
    Second Grade Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I do believe this is an excellent web site.
    I stumbledupon it ;) I am going to come back once again since i have
    book-marked it. Money and freedom is the best way to change, may you be rich and continue to guide others.


    Here is my website - acheter des vues Sur youtube

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! Thanks so much for linking up! I love the childhood couch!

    ReplyDelete