Monday, June 18, 2012

Book Study



I am excited to be a part of my very first book study! :)  We will be discussing the book, Guiding Readers  by Lori Jamison Rog.  This book will discuss the best practices of your guided reading time.  I love the second part of the title- Make the most of the 18 minute guided lesson.  This book was published in 2012 and she quotes the 2 sisters!!-- so you know this has some of the most up-to-date- current- stuff!!  You can begin by going to Thinking of Teaching where there is a survey to gage your knowledge and thoughts on guided reading.  You can also follow along with the book, chapter by chapter.  Get the schedule {here}
Be sure to stop by here @ Tori's Teacher Tips on June 25th as I discuss Chapter 2- The Guided Reading Lesson Sequence!  If you are interested in reading along with the book as we discuss the chapters- you can read it for FREE on Stenhouse.com- click {here to read the book} Just click on the the book where it says Preview Online OR if you like the book you can {order from the publisher}

I'm thrilled- as this is an area of my day that I can ALWAYS use fresh ideas!

In other news....  ;)

Be on the look out TOMORROW for my FIRST
I'm super pumped!  I am also looking for some blog/authors to join me!  Email me if you are interested in adding to this awesome weekly post! :)


There is ONE MORE DAY to enter my giveaway!!
Click the pic below!

Finally, as a thank you to all the supporters out there (TWO people bought SIX things in my TpT store yesterday!! Whoever you are you made my whole week!) I am offering ANY item of your choice in my TpT store for FREE to the first commenter below~ must leave your email!  Also my store is still having a 20% off sale ending TODAY!  Stock up and save! :)  
Thanks for reading!



2 comments:

  1. Hey, hey, hey am I first??? Wow! This is Sara - email me at
    Sub.scribe@yahoo.com
    What a great day!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats Sara!! Thank you for being a loyal reader! You never know what you might find at the very bottom of a post! :)

      Delete